Savage Worlds of Darkness
Werewolf Character Generation
Step 1: Choose Auspice and Tribe
Choose one of the 5 Auspices and one of the 5 Tribes. You may want to look at the Gift lists or consult with your Game Master to determine an Auspice and Tribe that fits the type of character you want to play.
Step 2: Traits
• Your hero starts with a d4 in each attribute, and has 5 points with which to raise them. Raising an attribute a die type costs 1 point.
• You have 15 points for skills. Each die type in a skill costs 1 point up to the linked attribute. Going over the linked attribute costs 2 points per level.
• Charisma is equal to the total bonuses or penalties given by Edges and Hindrances.
• Starting Pace for your character is 6 in Hishu form. Consult the Three Forms section to determine the Pace for your other werewolf forms.
• Parry is equal to 2 plus half Fighting. Consult the Three Forms section for any bonuses gained while in other werewolf forms.
• Toughness is equal to 2 plus half Vigor. Go ahead and add the bonus granted by the armor worn on your torso to this value as well for speed’s sake, but remember it may not count if attacks target other parts of the body. This armor bonus exists only in human form. Consult the Three Forms section to determine Toughness bonuses gained while in other werewolf forms.
Step 3: Edges and Hindrances
• You begin play with the Background Edge Arcane Background: Werewolf.
• You gain additional points for taking up to one Major Hindrance (2 points) and two Minor Hindrances (1 point each).
For 2 points you can:
• Gain another attribute point, or
• Choose an Edge
For 1 point you can:
• Gain another skill point, or
• Increase starting funds by 100%
Step 4: Gifts
• You start with 3 Gifts. One of them must be from your Auspice Renown list, but the second and third can come from any list. You must meet the requirements for the Gift in order to take it.
Step 5: Finishing Touches
• Record all stats for your various werewolf forms.
• Buy any Gear that you want.
• Add any background details you wish.